From Sergey Soldatov <sergeysolda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Read only user permissions to Phoenix table - Phoenix 4.5
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 01:15:00 GMT
Unfortunately some versions of Phoenix client is using HBase API (such
as getHTableDescriptor)
that requires HBase CREATE/ADMIN permissions on system tables. Moreover the
upgrade path is trying to create system tables to check whether system
requires an upgrade and that may fail with permission exception (that's
your case).  Mostly those problems should be gone in 4.9 where upgrade is
the manual operation. So, no easy way to avoid this problem without
patching the sources (patch itself is obvious though).

Thanks,
Sergey