From Eric Yang <Eric.Y...@Covance.com>
Subject Case sensitivity with Deferred Index creation
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 17:03:02 GMT
I've created a secondary index on my table

create index "test_index" on "sources"("column1") async;

And I'd like to kick off the map reduce job to populate said index.
However, when I run the following command:

./hbase org.apache.phoenix.mapreduce.index.IndexTool --data-table
sources --index-table test_index --output-path test_hfiles

It tells me that test_index is not found on sources, in all caps, and I
suspect that it's automatically converting all of the arguments to upper
case in which Phoenix is unable to find them. Is there a way to enforce
case sensitivity in the arguments so I can kick off the job?

Eric
Confidentiality Notice: In accordance with Covance's Data Classification Policy, this email,
including attachment(s), is classified as Confidential or Highly Confidential. This e-mail
transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged information that is intended only
for the individual or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or dissemination of the
content of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail transmission in error or this email is not intended for you,
please delete or destroy all copies of this message in your possession and inform the sender.
Thank you.