From Dhawal Arora <d.p.aro...@gmail.com>
Subject Phoenix Implementation for OpenTSDB schema
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 12:26:40 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to map a clickstream data into Hbase Schema following the
OpenTSDB format <salt><timestamp><metric_id><tags> through Apache
Phoenix
where my MAJORITY queries will be selecting rowkeys in a particular
timestamp range.

I'm very new to the phoenix framework. Some digging showed that phoenix has
ROW_TIMESTAMP for timeseries rowkeys but those use the predefined datatypes
for rowkeys and columns contradictory to the tsdb format with everything
mapped to single bits.

Is there any way i can replicate the format mentioned here:
http://opentsdb.net/docs/build/html/user_guide/backends/hbase.html over
Apache Phoenix? I guess i can handle this situation by making secondary
indexes as well through Phoenix but again the main goal is to stay as
similar to the tsdb format as possible for performance.

Thanks.

Cheers.
Dhawal Arora.