From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to recreate table?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 16:59:23 GMT
Couple of other options:
1) connect with a CURRENT_SCN [1] earlier than any timestamp for your data.
For example, if you know you created the table a month ago, then use an SCN
value of the epoch time for 1/1/2016. Then issue the DROP TABLE command
from that connection and no data will be removed.
2) when you map to existing HBase table, use CREATE VIEW instead of CREATE
TABLE. That way you can enter a DROP VIEW to remove the mapping without
affecting your data.

Thanks,
James

[1]