From Will Xu <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix Question
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 15:07:08 GMT
Hi Mark,

When you say Phoenix supports ACID do you  mean via Tephra?

Regards,

Will

________________________________
From: Mark Heppner <heppner.mark@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:37 AM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Cc: Noam.Bulvik@teoco.com
Subject: Re: Phoenix Question

Sukant,
Yes, you definitely could replace your RDBMS with Phoenix. However, it does behave fairly
differently than a traditional RDBMS. You should fully understand HBase and HDFS before making
a decision. HBase scales really well as long as you plan it out. Phoenix does provide full
ACID support, but it's a pretty new feature. I highly suggest importing a subset of your data
into Phoenix and testing it out for yourself before making the switch.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 1:45 AM, Sukant Jain <sukantjain@gmail.com<mailto:sukantjain@gmail.com>>