From Cui Lin <icecreamlc...@gmail.com>
Subject Phoenix database adapter for Python not working
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 18:29:30 GMT
I followed the instruction from
http://python-phoenixdb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

to connect Hbase in cloudera cluster, but I got the following error below.

>>> import phoenixdb
>>> database_url = 'http://localhost:8765/'
>>> conn = phoenixdb.connect(database_url, autocommit=True)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/root/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/phoenixdb/__init__.py",
line 63, in connect
client.connect()
File "/root/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/phoenixdb/avatica.py",
line 152, in connect
raise errors.InterfaceError('Unable to connect to the specified service', e)
phoenixdb.errors.InterfaceError: ('Unable to connect to the specified
service', error(111, 'Connection refused'), None, None)

I can create table using phoenix-sqlline.py localhost:2181:/hbase or even
use ./psql.py to import CSV, why the python adaopter does not work? Could
someone give me a simple example that allows the adapter to connect Hbase
in Cloudera?

I've been trying to find the solution for days... please help!

--
Best regards!

Lin,Cui