From Jonathan Leech <jonat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 19:58:28 GMT
Created PHOENIX-3518 and included the requested info.

> On Dec 5, 2016, at 11:06 AM, Samarth Jain <samarth@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for reporting this, Jonathan. Would you mind filing a JIRA preferably with the
object tree that you are seeing in the leak. Also, what version of hbase and phoenix are you
using?

>> On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 9:53 AM Jonathan Leech <jonathaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looks like PHOENIX-2357 introduced a memory leak, at least for me... I end up with
old gen filled up with objects - 100,000,000 instances each of WeakReference and LinkedBlockingQueue$Node,
owned by ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.connectionsQueue. The PhoenixConnection referred to by
the  WeakReference is null for all but the few active connections. I don't see anything in
the log - I can't confirm that it's logging properly though. Per the docs for ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor,
if the run method throws an error, further executions are suppressed.