From Will Xu <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix database adapter for Python not working
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 18:38:13 GMT
A few things.

1. Are you on 0.5 version of the connector?

$>pip freeze | grep phoenixdb

Should be==> phoenixdb==0.5

2. Can you try curl http://localhost:8765 to see if the server is actually running? If you
open the page in browser you should see a Jetty 404 page.

PQS is a think wrapper around Phoenix client. It's actually a service. If you have sqlline-thin
client you can test it out.

$>bin/sqlline-thin.py http://localhost:8765

Regards,
Will
________________________________
From: Cui Lin <icecreamlc426@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 10:29 AM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Phoenix database adapter for Python not working

I followed the instruction from http://python-phoenixdb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

to connect Hbase in cloudera cluster, but I got the following error below.

>>> import phoenixdb
>>> database_url = 'http://localhost:8765/'
>>> conn = phoenixdb.connect(database_url, autocommit=True)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/root/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/phoenixdb/__init__.py", line 63, in connect
client.connect()
File "/root/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/phoenixdb/avatica.py", line 152, in connect
raise errors.InterfaceError('Unable to connect to the specified service', e)
phoenixdb.errors.InterfaceError: ('Unable to connect to the specified service', error(111,
'Connection refused'), None, None)

I can create table using phoenix-sqlline.py localhost:2181:/hbase or even use ./psql.py to
import CSV, why the python adaopter does not work? Could someone give me a simple example
that allows the adapter to connect Hbase in Cloudera?

I've been trying to find the solution for days... please help!

--
Best regards!

Lin,Cui