From Josh Mahonin <jmaho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix Spark plug in cannot find table with a Namespace prefix
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 18:24:55 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for including the query code and the query exception, it's very
helpful.

Normally I'd suggest following up with the vendor here, since the namespace
support was added in Phoenix 4.8.0, but if everything but phoenix-spark is
working with namespaces, I suspect they backported the feature.

Could you file a JIRA ticket on the Phoenix project about this? I'm not
sure if it should work out of the box or not. If you'd like to try your
hand at adding a unit test to verify, you can look at the following places
(these are for the schema syntax):

https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-spark/src/it/resources/setup.sql#L43
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-spark/src/it/scala/org/apache/phoenix/spark/PhoenixSparkIT.scala#L407

Thanks,