From ashish tapdiya <ashishtapd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to discover tx service error
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 02:02:05 GMT
Hi Poorna,

jps showed that process was running however logs had error related to
tx.data.dir not setup correctly. I added data.tx.snapshot.dir to client as
well and then logs didn't show any error and I was able to create schema.

However, now when I try to populate a table created with
transactional=true, it fails

1) Error thorugh mapreduce bulk loader:
Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.phoenix.mapreduce.FormatToBytesWritableMapper.map(FormatToBytesWritableMapper.java:202)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.mapreduce.FormatToBytesWritableMapper.map(FormatToBytesWritableMapper.java:74)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:784)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:163)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1692)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:158)
        at
org.apache.tephra.TransactionContext.start(TransactionContext.java:91)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.execute.MutationState.startTransaction(MutationState.java:422)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$2.call(PhoenixStatement.java:339)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$2.call(PhoenixStatement.java:332)
        at org.apache.phoenix.call.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:53)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement.executeMutation(PhoenixStatement.java:331)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement.execute(PhoenixStatement.java:250)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixPreparedStatement.execute(PhoenixPreparedStatement.java:172)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixPreparedStatement.execute(PhoenixPreparedStatement.java:177)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.util.csv.CsvUpsertExecutor.execute(CsvUpsertExecutor.java:86)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.util.csv.CsvUpsertExecutor.execute(CsvUpsertExecutor.java:46)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.util.UpsertExecutor.execute(UpsertExecutor.java:133)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.mapreduce.FormatToBytesWritableMapper.map(FormatToBytesWritableMapper.java:171)

2) Error through psql.py
ERROR util.CSVCommonsLoader: Error upserting record

Thanks,
Ashish