From Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Phoenix on Hbase supports transactional behaviour
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 22:58:26 GMT
Hi,

As far as I can ascertain and I have put this question to Hbase forum,
Hbase itself does not provide transactional support.

However, I have been told that Transactions (beta) in Apache Phoenix may
support this.

Having said that I am sceptical whether Hbase with Phoenix can do what an
RDBMS does by supporting a batch of transactions with commit/rollback etc.
Has anyone had the experience of using Phoenix on Hbase for transactional
compliance please?

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com