From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: phoenix-Hbase-client jar web application issue
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 19:48:26 GMT
Hi Pradeep,

No, this is one you will likely have to work around on your own by
building a custom Phoenix client jar that does not include the
javax-servlet classes. They are getting transitively pulled into Phoenix
via Hadoop (IIRC). If your web application already has the classes
present, you can build your own client jar that excludes dependencies
that you already have bundled.

Take a look at [1] for an example of how we build the phoenix-client
jar. You can easily add some exclusions to the maven-shade-plugin.

- Josh

[1]
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/v4.8.1-HBase-1.2/phoenix-client/pom.xml