From Matt L <matt.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Upsert works using /sqlline-thin.py and /sqlline.py but not in Zeppelin or other remote jdbc clients
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2016 20:20:06 GMT
Hello All!

Through Zeppelin I am trying to insert data into a table created by Phoenix:

%phoenix
create table “test" (id bigint PRIMARY KEY, “test"."ip" varchar, “test"."request_date"
bigint, “test"."data" varchar)

%phoenix
upsert into “test" values (1, '0.0.0.0', 1, 'data')

%phoenix
select * from "test" limit 100

returns no results.

When I do the same thing through either sqlline-thin or sqlline (passing in ZK with /hbase-unsecure)
I am able to UPSERT and see the data when I Select *.

Am i missing some configuration or property when I am connecting from a remote client?

I have tried playing around with “phoenix.mutate.batchSize” setting it to 1 and making
sure phoenix.connection.auto.commit is “true”.

I don’t see any errors or logs when I try to upsert through zeppelin.

Thanks fro the help!