From "Long, Xindian" <Xindian.L...@sensus.com>
Subject RE: Phoenix Spark plug in cannot find table with a Namespace prefix
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2016 18:08:40 GMT
Hi, Josh:

Thanks for your reply. I just added a Jira issue, but I am not familiar with Scala, so I did
not add the unit test.

Xindian

From: Josh Mahonin [mailto:jmahonin@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2016 2:25 PM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Phoenix Spark plug in cannot find table with a Namespace prefix

Hi,

Thanks for including the query code and the query exception, it's very helpful.

Normally I'd suggest following up with the vendor here, since the namespace support was added
in Phoenix 4.8.0, but if everything but phoenix-spark is working with namespaces, I suspect
they backported the feature.

Could you file a JIRA ticket on the Phoenix project about this? I'm not sure if it should
work out of the box or not. If you'd like to try your hand at adding a unit test to verify,
you can look at the following places (these are for the schema syntax):

https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-spark/src/it/resources/setup.sql#L43
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-spark/src/it/scala/org/apache/phoenix/spark/PhoenixSparkIT.scala#L407

Thanks,

Josh