From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enabling region replication on Phoenix metadata tables
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 20:04:45 GMT
Take a look at this[1] thread for a discussion on replication of system
tables. You can replicate the SYSTEM.CATALOG table, but you have to be very
careful. Make sure to disable and discard replicated data for
SYSTEM.CATALOG while any Phoenix upgrade is in progress (i.e. first
connection after upgrading to a new minor release) or any physical tables
are being created through DDL statements (which presumably would be run on
both primary and secondary cluster). Otherwise, you'll run into race
conditions between the upgrade code and replication occurring.

[1] http://search-hadoop.com/m/9UY0h2JDL91232UBQ1&subj=Replication+