From AZELMAT Hamza <hamza.azel...@batiment.setec.fr>
Subject Primary key with a separator
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 08:38:33 GMT
I'm designing a nosql database with hbase and phoenix, and i was thinking of making a composite
primary key in this form.

HbaseRowKey (path_id,sensor_id,date) and C.Value ( Column Family).

my path_id will be composed like this : R1#P1#C1#B2.

and i was thinking with a SQL request without knowning R1 and P1 and C1 can i get all Rows
with path_id containing B2 with a substring ? will it be very costly in Phoenix ?
To be more specific this is an iot project and we have use cases like this :

Root ---> Project 1 --> Cluster 1 ---> Cluser 2 -->  Building 1 -->  Sensor
1
Root ---> Project 2-->  Building 1 -->  Sensor 1
Root ---> Building 3 -->  Sensor 1
Root ---> Floor 3 -->  Sensor 1

I May have growing new type of nodes, that's why I want something flexible in my composite
primary Key , R1 will be the root id, P1 the project with ID 1 etc ..

So I have requests like getting all sensors data of building with ID 1  with this kind of
conception do you think it's a costly method ?

I have thought of neo4j but I like the easy of use of phoenix with SQL, also it's free of
use and open source .

Thank you for your help