From "Bulvik, Noam" <Noam.Bul...@teoco.com>
Subject can I prevent rounding of a/b when a and b are integers
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 07:48:12 GMT
Hi,

When I do something like select 1/3 from <my table>  the result will be integer value
(0) and not double or alike(0.33....). Is there some configuration that can force the result
to be double

BTW - when executing the same query in oracle (select 1/3 from dual ) I get correct result
same in impala

Noam Bulvik

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential, and
is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and others who have
been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or if any problems occur with
transmission, please contact sender. Thank you.