From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is the JSON that is sent to the server converted to Protobufs or is the Protobufs converted to JSON to be used by Phoenix
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:18:52 GMT
Yup, Francis got it right. There are POJOs in Avatica which Jackson
(un)marshals the JSON in-to/out-of and logic which constructs the POJOs
from Protobuf and vice versa.

In some hot-code paths, there are implementations in the server which
can use protobuf objects directly (to avoid extra deserialization).