From "Long, Xindian" <Xindian.L...@sensus.com>
Subject RE: Exception connection to a server with pheonix 4.7 installed
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2016 18:33:41 GMT
Hi, Josh:

Thanks for the suggestion. Adding hbase-site.xml in spark conf directory solves the problem

Xindian

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Elser [mailto:josh.elser@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 5:43 PM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Exception connection to a server with pheonix 4.7 installed

Hi Xindian,

A couple of initial things that come to mind...

* Make sure that you're using HDP "bits" (jars) everywhere to remove any possibility that
there's an issue between what Hortonworks ships and what's in Apache.
* Make sure that your Java application/Spark job has the correct hbase-site.xml on the classpath.
Both of these require effort on your part to make sure that the runtime has them.