Hi All,
I executed a CREATE INDEX against a fairly large table. And I received a timeout error after a minute or two, which I understand is expected. `!tables` in sqlline shows the index is still in BUILDING state after 2 hours, which may be accurate since it is a pretty large table and my cluster is just a smallish EMR throwaway.

My question is: Is there some way to verify that the index is in fact still being built? Perhaps some HBase logs or the UI or some hbase shell command? Unfortunately I am just as new to HBase as I am to Phoenix itself.

Thanks,
 -nathan