From Nathan Davis <nathan.da...@salesforce.com>
Subject monitoring status of CREATE INDEX operation
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 00:51:57 GMT
Hi All,
I executed a CREATE INDEX against a fairly large table. And I received a
timeout error after a minute or two, which I understand is expected.
`!tables` in sqlline shows the index is still in BUILDING state after 2
hours, which may be accurate since it is a pretty large table and my
cluster is just a smallish EMR throwaway.

My question is: Is there some way to verify that the index is in fact still
being built? Perhaps some HBase logs or the UI or some hbase shell command?
Unfortunately I am just as new to HBase as I am to Phoenix itself.

Thanks,
 -nathan