From Ankit Singhal <ankitsingha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Query timeout
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 07:28:48 GMT
bq. 1) From the exceptions, it looks like timeout is set to 1min (60000ms)
and actual query takes little more than a minute (60306ms) to finish. Why
does Java client takes longer to finish than sqlline? The query returns
only one record so there shouldn’t be network latency or something

It timed out at 60306ms , it doesn't mean query will take this much time
only, it may take longer too. If java client is running from remote machine
and sqlline is local then network latency can affect RPC too.
This is actually , your scan RPC request is taking time to respond and is
not returning within a timeout period. You need to increase scanner timeout
period along with above properties you mentioned.

<property>
    <name>hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period</name>
    <value>60000</value>
  </property>
<property>

Regards,