From Julian Jaffe <jja...@marinsoftware.com>
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 23:46:28 GMT
Hi all,

Does Phoenix use the same execution path for updating indices mark as
UNUSABLE as it does for USABLE indices (that is, will indices marked as
UNUSABLE require an additional write for every upsert, just as USABLE
indices will)? If maintaining an unsuable index still requires an extra
write, is there a way instead to disable an index without forcing a full
rebuild if it's reenabled? We're replacing a few indices and are trying to
ensure we can roll back quickly if something goes wrong instead of having
to wait to rebuild a large index.

Thanks,
Julian Jaffe