From Mujtaba Chohan <mujt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix has slow response times compared to HBase
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 17:48:14 GMT
Something seems inherently wrong in these test results.

* How are you running Phoenix queries? Were the concurrent Phoenix queries
using the same JVM? Was the JVM restarted after changing number of
concurrent users?
* Is the response time plotted when query is executed for the first time or
second or average of both?
* Is the UUID filtered on randomly distributed? Does UUID match a single
row?
* It seems that even non-concurrent Phoenix query which filters on UUID
takes 500ms in your environment. Can you try the same query in Sqlline a
few times and see how much time it takes for each run?
* What is the explain <https://phoenix.apache.org/language/#explain> plan
for your Phoenix query?
* If it's slow in Sqlline as well then try truncating your SYSTEM.STATS
table and reconnect Sqlline and execute the query again
* Can you share your table schema and how you ran Phoenix queries and your
HBase equivalent code?
* Any phoenix tuning defaults that you changed?

Thanks,
Mujtaba

(previous response wasn't complete before I hit send)