From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Index Maintenance on Secondary Indices Marked as UNUSABLE
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 00:12:20 GMT
Hi Julian,
Yes, marking an index as UNUSABLE simply means it won't be considered at
query time. It will still be maintained. If you DISABLE it, then you won't
be hit with the maintenance cost, but we don't have a mechanism to
partially rebuild it. See PHOENIX-2890 and the WIP patch. In theory, if you
get the cell time stamp of the INDEX_STATE cell (i.e. when it was set to
DISABLE), don't attempt to delete existing rows for the index, and then use
this time stamp as the min time stamp of the UPSERT SELECT that rebuilds
the index, it should just work (sens edge cases of any out of order data
row updates).
Thanks,
James