phoenix-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Brian Jeltema <bdjelt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Query timeout
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 19:07:55 GMT
Regarding your second question, try 

   export HBASE_CONF_DIR=<path/to/hbase/conf/directory>

before running the client.

> On Aug 4, 2016, at 3:01 PM, kannan.ramanathan@barclays.com wrote:
> 
> Any pointers?
>  
> From: Ramanathan, Kannan: R&A (NYK) 
> Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 15:08
> To: user@phoenix.apache.org <mailto:user@phoenix.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Java Query timeout
>  
> Can someone please take a look?
>  
> From: Ramanathan, Kannan: IT (NYK) 
> Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 15:59
> To: user@phoenix.apache.org <mailto:user@phoenix.apache.org>
> Subject: Java Query timeout
>  
> Hello All,
>  
> We’re using Phoenix 4.7 with CDH 5.7.1. The query from Java client is timing out with
this error:
>  
> Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: callTimeout=60000, callDuration=60306: row
'' on table 'PHOENIX_TABLE' at region= PHOENIX_TABLE,,1462867135721.5bc05e2b5485f3fd550e9f93a795a100.,
hostname=ABC.com <http://abc.com/>,60020,1469522152474, seqNum=245191
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:159)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ResultBoundedCompletionService$QueueingFuture.run(ResultBoundedCompletionService.java:64)
>                 ... 3 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Call to ABC.com/1.1.1.1:60020 <http://abc.com/1.1.1.1:60020>
failed on local exception: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallTimeoutException: Call id=60, waitTime=60005,
operationTimeout=60000 expired.
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl.wrapException(RpcClientImpl.java:1255)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl.call(RpcClientImpl.java:1223)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.AbstractRpcClient.callBlockingMethod(AbstractRpcClient.java:216)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.AbstractRpcClient$BlockingRpcChannelImplementation.callBlockingMethod(AbstractRpcClient.java:300)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$BlockingStub.scan(ClientProtos.java:32651)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.call(ScannerCallable.java:213)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.call(ScannerCallable.java:62)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:200)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas$RetryingRPC.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:371)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas$RetryingRPC.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:345)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:126)
>                 ... 4 more
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallTimeoutException: Call id=60, waitTime=60005,
operationTimeout=60000 expired.
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.Call.checkAndSetTimeout(Call.java:70)
>                 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl.call(RpcClientImpl.java:1197)
>                 ... 13 more
>  
> The same query works fine in sqlline (taking about 30 seconds to finish).
>  
> From various posts/blogs/user forums, it appears that client side hbase-site.xml should
have these properties set possibly with higher numbers:
>  
> 1) hbase.rpc.timeout
> 2) phoenix.query.keepAliveMs
> 3) phoenix.query.timeoutMs
>  
> Now:
>  
> 1) From the exceptions, it looks like timeout is set to 1min (60000ms) and actual query
takes little more than a minute (60306ms) to finish. Why does Java client takes longer to
finish than sqlline? The query returns only one record so there shouldn’t be network latency
or something
> 2) I have added the above three properties to client side hbase-site.xml but still getting
the same error. I am pretty sure (checked the property values by querying HBaseConfiguration.create())
hbase-site.xml is set first in the class path. What am I missing here? How can I be sure these
properties are actually fed correctly? 
>  
> Thanks in advance
>  
> Kannan.
>  
> _______________________________________________
> 
> This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer
or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction.
It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use.
Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer
<http://www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer>.
> 
> For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer <http://www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer>
regarding market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants;
and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please
see http://publicresearch.barclays.com <http://publicresearch.barclays.com/>.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer
or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction.
It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use.
Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer
<http://www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer>.
> 
> For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer <http://www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer>
regarding market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants;
and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please
see http://publicresearch.barclays.com <http://publicresearch.barclays.com/>.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer
or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction.
It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use.
Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer
<http://www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer>.
> 
> For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer <http://www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer>
regarding market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants;
and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please
see http://publicresearch.barclays.com <http://publicresearch.barclays.com/>.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 


Mime
View raw message