From Anil Gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix upsert query time
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 17:01:51 GMT
Are you using a prepared statement for upserts? IMO, query should be compiled only once when
prepared statement is used.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 7:56 AM, Samarth Jain <samarth@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Best bet is to updgrade your cloudera version to cdh5.7. It supports phoenix 4.7. See
-
> http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Cloudera-Labs/ANNOUNCE-Third-installment-of-Cloudera-Labs-packaging-of-Apache/m-p/42351#U42351
>

>> On Tuesday, August 2, 2016, anupama agarwal <anu1307@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We need to insert to do 10K upserts per second in our phoenix table. We are using
phoenix 4.5 with CDH5.4.4.  Problem is each upsert query is making rpc call to read metadata
about the table.

>> "o.a.phoenix.compile.FromCompiler.createTableRef 446 - Re-resolved stale table"
>>
>> Phoenix have added feature to specify "UPDATE_CACHE_FREQUENCY" in 4.7 version. Any
way to apply this in Phoenix 4.5 by caching metadata at client side? My table schema will
change only once in 6 months. This would be really helpful for me.