From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix-queryserver-client jar is too fat in 4.8.0
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:49:25 GMT
Hi Youngwoo,

The inclusion of hadoop-common is probably the source of most of the
bloat. We really only needed the UserGroupInformation code, but Hadoop
doesn't provide a proper artifact with just that dependency for us to
use downstream.

What dependency issues are you running into? There was an effort in
4.8.0 to relocate dependencies with the shade-plugin. If you seeing
conflicts, we would be very interested in fixing these.

Over time, you are definitely right that we can try to prune down
unnecessary dependencies further.

- Josh