From Michael McAllister <mmcallis...@homeaway.com>
Subject Tables can have schema name but indexes cannot
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 15:50:47 GMT
Hi

Is there any reason we can specify the schema name for a table, but not an index. I note that
the grammar online makes it clear this isn’t part of the syntax, but it would be nice if
we could do it. To illustrate what I’d like:-

-- Create the table

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS MMCALLISTER.TEST
( c1 INTEGER NOT NULL
, c2 VARCHAR NULL
, c3 VARCHAR NULL
, CONSTRAINT TEST_PK PRIMARY KEY (c1)
);

-- This does not work

CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS MMCALLISTER.TEST_IX01
ON MMCALLISTER.TEST
( c2 )
INCLUDE ( c3 );

-- This works

CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS TEST_IX01
ON MMCALLISTER.TEST
( c2 )
INCLUDE ( c3 );

Michael McAllister
Staff Data Warehouse Engineer | Decision Systems
mmcallister@HomeAway.com<mailto:mmcallister@HomeAway.com> | C: 512.423.7447 | skype:
michael.mcallister.ha<mailto:zimmkate@hotmail.com> | webex: https://h.a/mikewebex
[cid:image001.png@01D1F487.6250F490]
This electronic communication (including any attachment) is confidential.  If you are not
an intended recipient of this communication, please be advised that any disclosure, dissemination,
distribution, copying or other use of this communication or any attachment is strictly prohibited.
 If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and promptly destroy all electronic and printed copies of this communication
and any attachment.