From Edward Samson <edw...@samson.ph>
Subject How to convert a dynamic column to a static column?
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 03:13:05 GMT
I have a table, MY_T, where I have been adding some data to a dynamic
column, COL_D. This works fine and I even have a view for easy access to
COL_D. After some time I realized that COL_D is generic enough to apply to
all rows so I wanted to make it a fixed part of the table.

    alter table MY_T add COL_D INTEGER

But this doesn't work.

    ERROR 1010 (42M01): Not allowed to mutate table.
      Cannot drop column referenced by VIEW columnName=MY_T
      [SQL State=42M01, DB Errorcode=1010]

I tried dropping the column from the view (that worked) but it still can't
be added to the table.

Is there a way to achieve this?

I'm using Phoenix 4.4.0 as part of HDP 2.4.2 (if that matters).

Thanks,

Ed

--
Edward Samson