From Jonathan Leech <jonat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase checkAndPut Support
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 04:35:16 GMT
I suspect you could do what you want in an hbase coprocessor; however you would probably have
to take care to play nice with Phoenix. The gist of the coprocessor logic would be if the
value matches, incr it; otherwise don't update. Ideally you could throw an Exception and you
would get a meaningful SqlException at the client and no adverse effects such as secondary
index inconsistencies etc, do the right thing in a transaction, etc.

> On Jul 19, 2016, at 10:11 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Did you read James' response in PHOENIX-2271? [1]
>
> Restating for you: as a work-around, you could try to use the recent transaction support
which was added via Apache Tephra to prevent multiple clients from modifying a cell. This
would be much less efficient than the "native" checkAndPut API call from HBase; however, I
cannot think of any other solution which exists in a released version of Apache Phoenix.