From "Heather, James (ELS)" <james.heat...@elsevier.com>
Subject How to tell when an insertion has "finished"
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 15:09:50 GMT
If you upsert lots of rows into a table, presumably Phoenix will return as soon as HBase has
received the data, but before the data has been replicated?

Is there a way to tell when everything has "settled", i.e., when everything has finished replicating
or whatever it needs to do?

The reason I ask is that this might affect our benchmarking. If we add lots of rows, and then
run some sample queries straight away, they might return more slowly initially, if the replication
is still taking place.

(Does this make sense? I'm not completely clear on how HBase replication works anyway.)

James

Elsevier Limited. Registered Office: The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5
1GB, United Kingdom, Registration No. 1982084, Registered in England and Wales.