From Simon Wang <simon.w...@airbnb.com>
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 18:59:27 GMT
Hi all,

I am writing to ask if there is a way to let Phoenix store all indexes on a single table in
the same HBase table. If each index must be stored in a separate table, creating more than
a few indexes on table with a large number of regions will not scale well.

From what I have learned, when Phoenix builds indexes on a view, it stores all indexes in
a table associated with the underlying table of the view. e.g. if V1 is a view of T1, all
indexes on V1 will be stored in _IDX_T1. It would be great if this behavior can be optionally
turned on for indexes on tables.

Best,
Simon