From Simon Wang <simon.w...@airbnb.com>
Subject Re: Local Phoenix installation for testing
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 21:43:00 GMT
I should have been more clear about the use case. I apologize.

So we have a java service that queries Phoenix through jdbc. For security reasons, directly
connecting to HBase cluster from local isn’t allowed. Uploading and rebuilding on remote
machine every time for testing isn’t the most efficient dev process. So we are wondering
if we can do end2end tests locally by setting up Phoenix & HBase on local machine.

For example, a way to make Phoenix work with standalone/minicluster mode HBase would be nice.

Best,
Simon

> On Jul 21, 2016, at 2:37 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Simon,
> Do you mean to run the unit tests? There's no setup required. You can directly run the
unit tests through maven or Eclipse.
> Thanks,
> James
>
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Simon Wang <simon.wang@airbnb.com <mailto:simon.wang@airbnb.com>>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have previous experience of setting up Phoenix locally for testing purposes?
I looked into HBase mini cluster but I can’t figure out how Phoenix should work with it.