From "Heather, James (ELS)" <james.heat...@elsevier.com>
Subject Phoenix performance at scale
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 15:02:41 GMT
Are there any stats/guidelines/figures available for how well Phoenix performs as size increases?
I'm interested particularly in three things:

  1.  How do response times vary as the number of rows in a table increases?
  2.  How do response times vary as the number of secondary indexes on a table increases?
  3.  How do response times vary as the number of HBase nodes increases?

I'm expecting that each one will be roughly linear, but I'd appreciate any links to any studies
that have been done.

This is also going on the assumption that the table structure is well defined: obviously adding
nodes won't help if there is significant region hotspotting.

James

Elsevier Limited. Registered Office: The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5
1GB, United Kingdom, Registration No. 1982084, Registered in England and Wales.