HI Tongzhou,

May be you can trying dropping the current index and after your upload is completed, you can create a async index. Then you can use IndexTool to rebuild your index from start.

source:- https://phoenix.apache.org/secondary_indexing.html

CREATE INDEX async_index ON my_schema.my_table (v) ASYNC

But if you are only using CSVBulkLoadTool for bulk load, then it will automatically prepare and bulk load index data also. So Index maintaining would not be required.

Regards,
Ankit Singhal