Andrew,

Since we are still on CDH 5.5.2, can I just use your custom version? Phoenix is one of the reasons that we are blocked from upgrading to CDH 5.7.1. Thus, CDH 5.7.1 is only on our test cluster. One of our developers wants to try out the Phoenix Spark plugin. Did you try it out in yours too? Does it work if you did?

Thanks,
Ben

On Jun 9, 2016, at 7:47 PM, Andrew Purtell <andrew.purtell@gmail.com> wrote:

>  is cloudera's hbase 1.2.0-cdh5.7.0 that different from apache HBase 1.2.0?

Yes

As is the Cloudera HBase in 5.6, 5.5, 5.4, ... quite different from Apache HBase in coprocessor and RPC internal extension APIs.

We have made some ports of Apache Phoenix releases to CDH here: https://github.com/chiastic-security/phoenix-for-cloudera/tree/4.7-HBase-1.0-cdh5.5

It's a personal project of mine, not something supported by the community. Sounds like I should look at what to do with CDH 5.6 and 5.7.