From Ankur Jain <aj...@quadanalytix.com>
Subject Re: phoenix on non-apache hbase
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 05:09:14 GMT
I have updated my jira with updated instructions https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2834.

Please do let me know if you are able to build and use with CDH5.7

Thanks,
Ankur Jain

From: Andrew Purtell <andrew.purtell@gmail.com<mailto:andrew.purtell@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, 10 June 2016 at 9:06 AM
To: "user@phoenix.apache.org<mailto:user@phoenix.apache.org>" <user@phoenix.apache.org<mailto:user@phoenix.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: phoenix on non-apache hbase

Yes a stock client should work with a server modified for CDH assuming both client and server
versions are within the bounds specified by the backwards compatibility policy (https://phoenix.apache.org/upgrading.html)

"Phoenix maintains backward compatibility across at least two minor releases to allow for
no downtime through server-side rolling restarts upon upgrading."

On Jun 9, 2016, at 8:09 PM, Koert Kuipers <koert@tresata.com<mailto:koert@tresata.com>>