From Marek Wiewiorka <marek.wiewio...@gmail.com>
Subject Coalesce function returns nulls?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:57:44 GMT
Hi All - I came across a very strange issue when using COALESCE function.
It appears to me that it returns null values - please consider a following
query:
select length(coalesce(V_RS_DBSNP142,'N/A')) from TABLE1 limit 10;
| LENGTH(COALESCE("V_RS_DBSNP142", 'N/A')) |
| null                                     |
| null                                     |
| null                                     |
| null                                     |
| null                                     |
| null                                     |
| null                                     |
| null                                     |
| null                                     |
| null                                     |
10 rows selected (0.056 seconds)

Am I doing sth wrong or there is a bug in that function?
I'm using Phoenix 4.6.

Many thanks in advance.
Marek