From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Drill on Phoenix
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:42:17 GMT
Yes, we've created a new Phoenix storage plugin for Drill here[1], and
there's a good presentation put together by Jacques on here[2] that covers
Drillix (that's our initiative name) plus Drill and Arrow. This is
definitely a work in progress at the POC level, but IMHO is very promising.
We need a couple of things to happen to make it real: 1) finish the
Phoenix/Calcite integration - this is on the calcite branch in Phoenix and
progressing nicely (they'll be a good Hadoop Summit talk on this by Julian
and Maryann[3]), and 2) get Drill on the latest Calcite.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://github.com/jacques-n/drill/tree/phoenix_plugin
[2] https://t.co/ZBhmAirswW
[3] Thu, June 30 @ 12:20PM - 1:00PM
How We Re-Engineered Phoenix with a Cost-Based Optimizer Based on Calcite