From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: phoenix on non-apache hbase
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 01:39:14 GMT
Koert,

Apache Phoenix goes through a lot of work to provide multiple versions
of Phoenix for various versions of Apache HBase (0.98, 1.1, and 1.2
presently). The builds for each of these branches are tested against
those specific versions of HBase, so I doubt that there are issues
between Apache Phoenix and the corresponding version of Apache HBase.

In general, I believe older versions of Phoenix clients can work against
newer versions of Phoenix running in HBase; but, of course, you'd be
much better off using equivalent versions on both client and server.

If you are having issues running Apache Phoenix over vendor-creations of
HBase, I would encourage you to reach out on said-vendor's support channels.

- Josh