From "Tongzhou Wang (Simon)" <tongzhou.wang.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bulk loading and index
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2016 23:13:32 GMT
Hi Josh,

First, thanks for the response.

As far as I can tell, a disabled index cannot be directly changed to USABLE. It must be rebuilt
first. I am aware that I can do ALTER INDEX .... REBUILD. But, if I understand correctly,
this is single thread and slow. I'm wondering if I can use the IndexTool map reduce job in
this case.

About TTL, I did some experiments. Turns out that Phoenix do not automatically remove index
entry when the table entry dies from TTL setting. However, it is possible to set index table
with same TTL so that index can be in sync.

Best,
Tongzhou

> On Jun 25, 2016, at 15:31, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tongzhou,
>
> Maybe you can try `ALTER INDEX index ON table DISABLE`. And then the same command with
USABLE after you update the index. Are you attempting to do this incrementally? Like, a bulk
load of data then a bulk load of index data, repeat?