hello all,

i decided i wanted to give phoenix a try on our cdh 5.7.0 cluster. so i download phoenix, see that the master is already for hbase 1.2.0, change the hbase version to 1.2.0-cdh5.7.0, and tell maven to run tests make the package, expecting not much trouble.

but i was wrong... plenty of compilation errors, and some serious incompatibilities (tetra?).

yikes. what happened? why is it so hard to compile for a distro's hbase? i do this all the time for vendor-specific hadoop versions without issues. is cloudera's hbase 1.2.0-cdh5.7.0 that different from apache hbase 1.2.0?

assuming i get the phoenix-server working for hbase 1.2.0-cdh5.7.0, how sensitive is the phoenix-client to the hbase version? can i at least assume all the pain is in the phoenix-server and i can ship a generic phoenix-client with my software that works on all clusters with the same phoenix-server version installed?

thanks! best, koert