From "Bavineni, Bharata" <Bharata.Bavin...@epsilon.com>
Subject RE: SYSTEM.CATALOG table - VERSIONS attribute
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 13:36:09 GMT
Thank you, Ankit.
I could not think of a reason where we need to go back more than 5 versions in time. We are
running into an issue with SYSTEM.CATALOG size.
Are there any other options to reduce the size?

Thank you,
Bharathi.

From: Ankit Singhal [mailto:ankitsinghal59@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 1:50 AM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: SYSTEM.CATALOG table - VERSIONS attribute

Yes, you can but it depends if you don't want to go back in time for schema before 5 versions.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Bavineni, Bharata <Bharata.Bavineni@epsilon.com<mailto:Bharata.Bavineni@epsilon.com>>
wrote:
Hi,
SYSTEM.CATALOG table is created with VERSIONS => '1000' by default. Can we change this
value to 5 or 10? Does this cause any side effects?

Thank you,
Bharathi.

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.