From "Bavineni, Bharata" <Bharata.Bavin...@epsilon.com>
Subject RE: secondary index on view on hbase problems
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 14:14:33 GMT
Phoenix indexing works only when you add data from Phoenix, not from HBase shell.

From: 金砖 [mailto:jinzhuan@wacai.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 12:31 AM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: secondary index on view on hbase problems

hi:
   I'm working on phoenix-4.7-hbase-1.1  on hbase-1.1.3.

1. I have a hbase table :    create 'test', 'cf'

2. then create phoenix view         create view "test" (pk varchar primary key,  "cf"."column").

for now, everything works fine, I put data through hbase shell:     put 'test', 'row1', 'cf:column',
'value1'
I can select it from phoenix sqlline.

3. I create secondary index on phoenix view.    create index idx on "test" ("cf"."column");

Now comes the problem:

every thing updates with hbase is no longer sync to view or index.

put 'test', 'row2', 'cf:column', 'value2'
put 'test', 'row3', 'cf:column', 'value3'

I can't select  row2/row3 from view or index, there is only one row before the index was created.

Can anyone explain why this happens?

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.