From Amit Shah <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Phoenix Bulk Load With Column Overrides
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 07:26:54 GMT
Hello,

I am using phoenix 4.6 and trying to bulk load data into a table from a csv
file using the psql.py utility. How do I map the table columns to the
header values in the csv file through the "-h" argument?

For e.g. Assume my phoenix table does not match the columns in the csv. The
phoenix table looks like this

CREATE TABLE PRODUCT(
PRODUCT_ID BIGINT NOT NULL
,PRODUCT_CLASS_ID BIGINT
,BRAND_NAME VARCHAR
,PRODUCT_NAME VARCHAR
,CONSTRAINT pk PRIMARY KEY (PRODUCT_ID)
);

while the csv has lot of other columns for e.g.
product_class_id,product_id,brand_name,product_name,SKU,SRP,gross_weight,net_weight

Note the order of the columns is also different. Execute the utility with
the below arguments fails with an error "Don't know how to interpret
argument 'brand_name,'

python psql.py -t PRODUCT -h product_class_id, product_id, brand_name,
product_name localhost product.csv

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Amit