From Sanooj Padmakumar <p.san...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extract report from phoenix table
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 18:33:59 GMT
Hi Ankit

Thanks for the suggestion, this helps. I shall try that out. A new Output
format on the lines of PhoenixOutputFormat and a new RecordWritable on the
lines of PhoenixRecordWritable (and instead of writing using prepared
statement, probably I can write it to file system) might do it

Thanks

Sanooj Padmakumar

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Ankit Singhal <ankitsinghal59@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sanooj,
> It is not necessary that output can only be written to a table when using
> MR, you can have your own custom reducer with appropriate OutputFormat set
> in driver.
>
> Similar solutions with phoenix are:-
> 1. phoenix MR
> 2. phoenix spark
> 3. phoenix pig
>

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 11:06 PM, Sanooj Padmakumar <p.sanooj@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there a way using phoenix we can query a huge table to extract some
>> information from them ? The "where" condition will have "value" fields and
>> might not have any row key fields.
>>
>> I am looking for something like a phoenix mapreduce (
>> https://phoenix.apache.org/phoenix_mr.html) but this always require the
>> output to be written to a table.
>>
>> Any inputs ?
>>
>> --