From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Undefined column. columnName=IS_ROW_TIMESTAMP
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:18:04 GMT
Arun,

If you're blocked by this, here's a potential way of getting around the
issue you're hitting. This assumes you have all the DDL statements that
were used to create tables on the cluster:
- open an HBase shell and disable and drop the SYSTEM.CATALOG
- open sqlline connected to your HBase cluster (this will cause the
SYSTEM.CATALOG to be re-created, now empty)
- open another sqlline specifying a CurrentSCN property on the URL with a
long value earlier than any existing data for your tables. For example, the
following would be 1/1/2011:
    ./sqlline.py localhost;CurrentSCN=1293840000000
- issue each of your CREATE TABLE statements for your tables in this
sqlline. This will create a Phoenix table and map to the existing HBase
data that's already there (i.e. you won't lose any data). The setting of
the CurrentSCN property will prevent Phoenix from adding the empty key
value to every existing row since we know it's already there (making the
CREATE TABLE statements run faster and not timeout).

If you could get us more info on how to repro this issue, we can make sure
it doesn't happen any more as we've never seen this before.

Thanks,
James