From Li Gao <g...@marinsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Query by region splits
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 21:18:29 GMT
Hi James,

Thanks for the quick reply. It is helpful but not sure it can solve the
issue we have. Let me state use case in another way to make it more
obvious.

Say Table A has 10 regions spread across 10 HBase nodes, in addition I have
10 data processor machines (not the same as the hbase cluster) that can
each independently issue a query to Phoenix to retrieve part of the table.

Ideally I am looking for something like:

SELECT col1,col2,... FROM TABLE_A WHERE (i.e. region=1,2,3,4...)

So each processor machine can issue a region-specific query and retrieve a
non-overlapping piece of the table projection. I am not sure how such
Phoenix query can be constructed.

Hope this clarifies the question.

Thanks,
Li