From Sumit Nigam <sumit_o...@yahoo.com>
Subject Phoenix query performance
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2016 09:55:35 GMT
Hi,
I was benchmarking some of the phoenix queries with different compaction level tuning.
A strange thing is observed when there are huge number of Hfiles on disk. The queries not
returning any data (resultset size 0) execute very quickly (5-10 ms or so) but just doing
a rs.next() on result set returned from such a query takes over 50 seconds! This is consistently
reproducible.
I'd assume that when the prepared statement executes and prepared the result set, it has completed
reading the table or memstore and/ or Hfiles on disk, so the time it takes to execute the
query should have included that time. Hence, when I do rs.next() on such a result set produced,
it should not take huge time esp. when it is empty.
What am I missing or has anyone else faced/ solved this issue?
Thanks,Sumit